Cybersecurity is a set of techniques used to protect the integrity of an organization’s security and safeguard the data and information against attack, damage or unauthorized access.
The cybersecurity market is rapidly growing, and it is being fueled by new technology initiatives. Cybersecurity involves protecting information and systems from attacks.
These attacks can be in many forms like malware, ransomware, phishing and many others.
In recent years, technological advancement has opened many new opportunities for cybersecurity, but it has also advanced the attacks in some way or other.
Cybersecurity technologies should incorporate automation, machine learning and shared threat intelligence to help the organization combat the advanced threats.
These new cybersecurity techniques will help the government and organizations keep pace with sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Machine learning helps to accurately identify known threats, recognize similar patterns, and inform the automation tool to create and implement protection across the organization.
The University of North Texas has set the department of computer science and engineering and the option of a master of Science in cybersecurity.
The university will provide a high-quality, academically challenging and career-enriching education to the students that will make them responsive to new industry trends, changing standards and basic employer needs.
The degree will develop high skills in the students that will help them solve cybersecurity challenges very efficiently and quickly.
Table of Contents
Why Choose the University of North Texas?
The University Of North Texas master’s degree program in information and cybersecurity is considered to be an excellent institute of cybersecurity learning.
The faculty of the university are experts in their fields and have deep knowledge about their core. They help students to gain knowledge through practical application in industries.
Job after graduation
After graduation in cybersecurity at the University of North Texas, there are ample job opportunities available that a student can apply for :
- Secure software developer
- System tester
- Data security analyst
- IT security project manager
- Cyber Defence analyst
- System security engineer
- Security architect
- Enterprise architect
- Scientific researcher
Requirement for admission
- The applicants must fill out the online application form along with the non-refundable online fee.
- The applicants should mention their GRE score in the application ( Verbal – 36%, Quantitative – 61%, Analytical – 3.5)
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their Bachelor’s program
- Should submit at least two recommendation letters.
- Should attach resume and statement of purpose along with the application.
- International applicants must submit their IELTS/TOEFL score ( 79-ibt, 6.0 or better band)
- All students must have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- International students have to mandatorily submit proof of English language proficiency/fluency.
- The students must have a degree in computer science or a closely related subject or have good knowledge in the field of computer science.
The university offers two master’s degree programs to the students
- Option A: Thesis along with thirty-hour ( twenty-four hours coursework credit and six hours of thesis credit)
- Option B: course completion along with thirty-three credit hours
- CSCE 505: Application of Cryptography
The course includes all the information about the application of cryptography in security systems related to cybersecurity.
- CSCE 555: Introduction of Computer Security
This course includes basic and advanced details about how to secure a computer system using various techniques
- CSCE 555: Computer Forensic Science
The course includes details about forensic Science in the field of cybersecurity.
- CSCE 556: Secure Electronic Commerce
The course consists of the basics of how to safe and secure electronic commercials using cyber security techniques
- CSCE 556: Secure Software Engineering
The course includes how to develop security software to save a device from malware and malicious software.
- CSCE 558: Advanced Network Security
The course discusses advanced network security techniques and strategies in detail.
The list of the courses above is the required courses that every student has to study.
All the students have to attend Fifteen hours of elective
- CSCE 517: Graph Theory
- CSCE 521: Artificial Intelligence
- CSCE 5215: Machine Learning
- CSCE 5216: Pattern Recognition
- CSCE 5290: Natural Language Processing
- CSCE 530: Introduction to Big Data and Data Science
The need for the cybersecurity profession encompasses various roles in society to perform, and it is too broad to be treated as a single profession. There is a need for cybersecurity professionals in every organization and every nation’s government.
The field of cybersecurity is vast, and it requires a variety of occupations. So if an individual is graduating, he will never be likely to face any problems related to jobs or job security.
Individuals with potential and intelligence are always welcomed in the corporate world.