Security has become essential in the digital era. Every day there are so many cases of high-profile cyber-attacks and data breaches, and to stop this, strong security is required.
Every person in this world has to depend on infrastructure facilities like hospitals, power generating plants, internet and banking/financial service providers.
To keep these organizations secure, we have to rely on cybersecurity for smooth functioning.
The most problematic element of this is the evolving nature of the internet risks. As the technologies are emerging, and as people are using them somehow, new attack avenues are developed.
These frequent changes and advancements also change and advance the attacks. Protecting devices from this upgraded malware can be challenging as the upgraded version of Cybersecurity has to include all the elements to protect the device or software from vulnerabilities.
The University of New Haven is ready to prepare the students for one of the most dynamic and challenging careers through their program of Master’s degree in Cybersecurity and Networks.
They help the students deeply understand security related to information, network, and hardware through their excellent practical approach.
The university makes the students job-ready by making them understand how things work in the real corporate world.
Table of Contents
Why Choose the University of New Haven?
The master’s program in Cybersecurity and networks at the University of New Haven prepares the student for careers along with excellent practical skills and cutting-edge knowledge.
They help the students to understand each topic profoundly and make them relate it with the real-life scenario.
The University of New Haven also teaches how to develop specific software to keep the devices free from malicious software and malware.
The university faculty are leaders and innovators in their particular field, and they make their students do the same thing. They provide the best-in-class environment to the students.
- Applicants must submit their online application along with a non – refundable fee before the deadline.
- Applicants must attach their original and official transcripts with the application.
- Two letters of recommendation must be attached with the application.
- A resume and statement of purpose should also be there.
- The score of GRE/GMAT is required to be submitted.
- International applicants must provide their marks of IELTS/TOEFL.
If the student doesn’t have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related fields, he can also apply to the university.
The university will make him study the basics by adding four additional bridge program courses to his curriculum. These courses will help the student to understand the course in a more efficient way.
Scholarship for students
The University of New Haven has designed a program called the scholarship for service (SFS ) program that is mainly designed to recruit the top cybersecurity professionals to meet the needs of the government.
The scholarship is for the graduate program and is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
To have this scholarship, the student must agree to work with the US government after graduation in a cybersecurity-related position for a defined period of time
Electives and career paths
There are sets of electives that a student can select as per his area of interest.
- Cyber Forensics: the course includes recovering the evidence supporting the investigation.
- Cybersecurity: the course includes all the details about protecting the computer system from a security threat.
- Wireless Networking: the course includes details about the properties of the wireless infrastructure.
- Enterprise networking: This course includes designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the enterprise infrastructure.
Required courses for the course
- CSCI 6637- Introduction to Cyber Forensic Science
- CSCI 6646- Introduction to Computer security
- CSCI 6651 – Introduction to Script programming/ Python
There are program electives as well that a student needs to select according to his interest and ability. The cybersecurity and network electives have fifteen credit hours, and the computer science electives have six credit hours.
- Helps the student to apply the cyber forensic techniques.
- Make the students develop certain security defenses for the computer system based on their understanding of the techniques used to attack systems and networks.
- Make them write the script programs to automate various system tasks.
- Students employ advanced techniques in a focus area related to Cybersecurity, cyber forensics, and computer systems.
There are thirty credit hours in total, and the students are required to complete at least twenty-one credits hours of Cybersecurity and network. These hours should include all the electives and required courses in them.
Cybersecurity will become one of the most dynamic and challenging fields in the future, and to make this possible, the world needs professional cybersecurity experts.
These experts will certainly help the government and organizations to keep the data and information safe and secure. Everyday technology is changing, and thus cybersecurity methods are also changing.
The professionals will teach the whole world about the ethical ways to secure the data in simple steps.