The internet has become an integral part of today’s era; from communicating through instant messaging apps to emails to banking, traveling, studying, and shopping, the internet has become a very important part of one’s life.
As the use of the internet is growing, protecting precious information has become a necessity. The computer can easily get infected with malware if it doesn’t have any security system.
There are uncountable infected web pages and malicious websites that can be seen every day that infect the computers and allow the cyber attackers to gain privacy illegally.
Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) has also been referred to as a top-notch institution designated as a National Centre of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defence Education (CAE-CDE) by none other than the National Security Agency.
The institution helps students become cybersecurity professionals who can plan, implement, upgrade, maintain, and monitor security measures to protect the information infrastructure, networks, and systems.
Table of Contents
Why Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU)?
The cybersecurity program teaches the fundamentals of operating systems, computer networks, cybersecurity, and many other things related to the particular field. The university offers a world-class education at a very reasonable price.
It also helps the student to become industry-ready and gain knowledge from very experienced professors. The knowledge gained from this institution can be very helpful in applying a practical approach in the corporate world.
The program focuses on the areas recognized by the NSA and DHS, like security protocols, building firewalls, and defending against security intrusions, use of encryption, and protecting information.
All these fundamentals help an individual clearly understand the course in a much more efficient way and apply these factors and elements in the real world to make new and creative technologies to decrease digital crimes.
The new technology is the key element because every day, the technology is changing, and due to this, cyber crimes are also becoming very sophisticated.
Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) is making many effective programs to make the students more professional and efficient in overcoming such problems.
The Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance program produces graduates who:
- Have or will enter CSIA. This is particularly in the notable areas of network security.
- To obtain education to advance their career by achieving advanced certification or advanced graduation. In the cybersecurity field.
- Want to become responsible professionals and global citizens who are aware of ethical issues.
- The applicant must have graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- The applicant must submit his GRE score taken within the last five years.
- The applicant should have his undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or closely related programs.
- The applicant should submit at least three letters of recommendation
- Students will be able to work effectively in teams and professionally communicate with diverse audiences.
- Will be able to understand the impact of IT-related ethical issues on organizations, and individuals.
- Will possess the ability to apply new technologies and techniques.
- Students who are admitted to this program must earn a CGPR of 2.75 or higher for prerequisite courses. There are a total of 6 credits for regular graduates.
- Students are required to complete 30 credits, including 15 core requirements, three credits for a Master’s project, and 12 credits of electives.
- The student can choose their electives based on their area of interest.
- CSCI5505 – Introduction to computer programming
- CSCI5525 – Introduction to Computer Science
- CSCI5555 – Data structures
- CSCI5565 – Assembly Language
Additional courses are given to the students who didn’t have their bachelor’s in computer science. The students must study STEM (science, technology, engineering, and Mathematics) and their regular courses.
Students are always motivated to be a part of a cooperative experience. It would help them in attaining practical work experience associated with Cybersecurity.
This experience provides students with real-world grounding, linking theory and practice, and academic and industrial experiences.
The program prepares the student for jobs, gives them an extra edge in the job market, helps them develop networking skills and professional contacts, and allows them to experience career fields and graduation.
All these industries benefit the student with real and relevant work experience. The course will provide the professional with the desired insight into cybersecurity and Information Assurance.