As a society, we’ve quickly moved towards a world where so much of our data is stored online. While this has resulted in many services and economic opportunities, we have quickly adapted to our new digital reality.
We’re learning as we go since things are moving so quickly. All of the most common baseline product approaches include trial and error.
It is because of this that many innovative, ground-breaking innovations can get off the surface.
And what allows us to go from inception to delivery with such ease in our digital economies? It also puts many of our most valuable assets, which are now kept digitally, at risk.
Every day, we hear about products that, despite their greatness, have been hacked, have been hacked by DDoS attacks, or have been held hostage by cybercriminals.
It is the inverse of how little money is required to start a digital business. Cybercrime requires less forethought, provides greater anonymity, and is less expensive than classic criminal exploits.
Many cybersecurity businesses rely on computer engineering. While many cybersecurity firms have a policy, forensics, management, and incident response teams, practically every organisation requiring cybersecurity protection is developing some type of digital infrastructure.
A simple website or app, a payment portal, a linked gadget, or a whole platform could all be examples. Almost all of these scenarios necessitate computer engineers and individuals with specialist security expertise or experience.
Computer engineering and specialisation in cybersecurity are a great combination if you want to excel in your expertise. To get an excellent degree, it is equally important that you enrol yourself in an excellent university.
We’ve shortlisted a top-rated university here for you for this amazing degree.
Why Should you choose Clemson University?
Clemson University is a university for public research located in the South Carolina town of Clemson. It was founded in 1889 and is enrolled in the School of Engineering and Science by several over 20,000 students.
While it is an excellent university in computer and electronic courses with an over the ordinary account, it is strongly praised in coursework with field-related activities such as civil and mechanical.
According to the Princeton Review, the U.S. News and World Report placed Clemson University 23rd among the leading national public universities and 7th among the happiest students at home.
M.S. Course Details
A good undergraduate foundation in electrical or computer engineering is required for the master’s degree.
Communication systems and networks, digital signal processing, computer systems architecture, and intelligent systems will be covered at first, with extra increased focus aspects scheduled for long term value propositions.
Students can pursue a research-oriented degree, a degree with a professional practise emphasis or a coursework-only degree.
This degree is similar to the programme currently offered on Clemson’s main campus in terms of requirements and expectations.
Options and requirements of the courses
A thesis accepted by the Advisory Committee and by the Graduate school must be created for a student who chooses the thesis option in the MS education program.
A final examination administered by the student’s advisory committee is also required. At the very least, the student must pass an examination that includes an oral defence of their thesis.
An additional written and oral examination on courses may be administered by the advisory committee.
A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate-level course work at the 6000, 8000, or 9000 levels is required for the thesis option, including the following:
- ECE 8910 has a total of six (6) credit hours (M.S. Thesis Research)
- A minimum of 24 hours of letter-graded coursework is required.
- The Focus Area Requirements for one of the major’s focus areas must be met.
- ECE courses must account for at least twelve (12) credit hours of letter-graded coursework.
- The 800-level or 9000-level must account for at least twelve (12) credit hours of letter-graded coursework.
- No credit for 7000-level coursework can be allocated toward the degree requirements.
- No credit can be applied to the degree requirements for either ECE 8900 or MATH 6000.
With the non-thesis option, no thesis or engineering report is required, along with no final examination.
The non-thesis option shall contain at least 33 hours in the credit of graduate studies at the level of 6000, 8000 or 9000, including:
- The area of focus Requirements must be met for one of the major focal areas.
- The letter classified course work shall comprise at least twelve (12) credit hours of ECE courses.
- The letter-graded coursework should have at least 18 credit hours at 8000 or 9000 levels.
- No credit can be applied to graduation requirements for coursework at the 7000 levels.
- No credit can be applied to graduation requirements for ECE 8900, ECE 8910 or MATH 6000.
For more information, you can contact the help desk of the university or the respective department.
Eligibility Criteria for the masters in computer engineering with cybersecurity
- You should have intense electric or computer engineering undergraduate skills.
- Eligible for the programme may also be exemplary applicants who have a bachelor degree in other disciplines. The graduate student services coordinator should check his academic background. GRE
- For international students, A good provided band score is required in either of the following tests:
- TOEFL – 80
- IELTS- 6.5
- PTE- 54
- For admission to the M.S. programme, the GRE is required. Prospective students are highly advised to meet with the computer engineering graduate student services coordinator to understand course prerequisites, syllabus, priorities, and the interview process.
Fees of the course
For a tentative fee structure, you can go through this link. Remember, MS. in computer engineering with cybersecurity is a tier 2 course.