Cybersecurity engineers are the ones who help businesses by protecting their computer and network systems from hackers and cyber attackers.
They safeguard the private data of the organizations from cyber terrorists, who often create many new creative ways to infiltrate remote databases.
Cybersecurity engineers are expected to have meticulous attention, problem-solving skills, work under pressure comfortably, and deliver on tight deadlines.
A cyber-engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructure using several security audits to protect the data from achieving success.
The ERAU prepares its students in a very efficient way in Masters of Science (Cybersecurity Engineering) and helps them advance their careers in cyber protection. The program is quite dynamic and allows every student to accelerate their career at a faster pace.
Embry – Riddle Aeronautical University is considered one of the best universities for engineering programs. The university ranks No. 101 in the best engineering schools all over the world.
The university makes its student leaders of the industry and provides them with a quick job with handsome pay.
The students who graduate from the university have advanced skills related to the cybersecurity industry, which will help them to solve anything from policies to operations.
The university has state of art Cybersecurity Engineering Laboratory (CybEL) that offers the unique art of software and hardware required for cybersecurity attacks and Defence.
The laboratory enables the students to get involved in the program through various research works on real-time laboratory systems, digital systems, software development systems, and many more.
How to apply?
Applicants to the Master’s degree in Cybersecurity Engineering program must have:
- An undergraduate degree in a computer science or engineering program is closely related to the discipline.
- The student should have an excellent academic record with a minimum GPA or CGPA of 3.0 or 7.5.
- The applicant should have completed the Graduate Record Examination.
- The applicant should complete his application package and submit it before the deadline specified by the university.
- The international applicants whose primary language is not English must give TOEFL and achieve the minimum score.
- The Master’s degree in Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering is granted to those students who complete all the course work. The program has 18 credits of core courses and 12 credits of approved electives.
- All courses of 12 credits should be advisor-approved electives.
- Courses plus one-semester capstone along with nine credits of advisor-approved electives.
- Courses plus a six-credit thesis by publication based on a journal paper, multiple conference papers, etc.
The options above given are the three modes to complete the elective criteria.
Program core requirements
The program has been created in a very efficient manner by the university. This program helps the student understand the subject theoretically and practice, which will help them all become industry-ready by the end of graduation.
- CS 527 – System Exploitation and Penetration Testing
This course solely focuses on establishing access to the system or resource by surpassing the security restrictions.
CS 529 –
- Computer Security
The course has all the information about securing the system and a device from malicious software or virus.
CS 532 –
- Software Security Assessment
The course includes the software security information needed to see how powerful a security system is.
- CS 538 – Applied Cryptography
The subject includes some cryptography tools which help to create certain cybersecurity software.
- SE 500 – Software Engineering Discipline
The course has all inputs about software engineering.
- SYS 505 – System Safety and Certification
It has information about the security systems and the certification to make them believable in the market.
The growing use of computers and their networking and information sharing makes the cybersecurity service a bit challenging.
These issues are growing nationally and internationally as the breaching can severely damage an organization, firm, or even a nation.
Cybersecurity consideration takes place from designing and implementing systems to stop the malware from stealing the data.
This Master’s program will prepare the graduates to see the challenges in developing secure strategies and maintaining safe operations.
As the demand for professionals increases, the students with this program will learn many exceptionally great opportunities and prepare themselves to work in the corporate world.