A wide range of risks can threaten cyberspace as well as its underlying infrastructure, including physical threats and cyber hazards.
Sophisticated cyber hackers steal information, digital currency and as well as to disrupt, destroy, or threaten the delivery of essential services of servers, websites of National Governments & large private organizations.
Several factors make cyberspace particularly difficult to secure, including the ability of malicious actors to operate anywhere, the relationship between cyberspace and physical systems, and the difficulty of reducing vulnerabilities and repercussions in complex cyber networks.
Cyber threats to critical infrastructure are of growing concern. These intrusions pose new risks to critical infrastructure, which is increasingly vulnerable to sophisticated cyberattacks.
In an age of increasingly integrating information technology with physical infrastructure, events that have wide-ranging or high-consequence effects pose an increased risk of harming or disrupting millions of Americans’ daily lives as well as our economy.
Cyberspace Security and resilience have become important homeland security missions due to the risk and potential consequences of cyber events.
Skills Required for a Career in Cybersecurity:
A cybersecurity career involves both education and training, but there are soft skills that are also important. We recommend that you get some practical training in cybersecurity to shine in your career.
By entering the pragmatic world of cybersecurity you will develop a few of the soft skills needed if you choose this career.
- Efficient problem solver
- QUICK LEARNER
California State University is offering Masters of Science in Computer Science – Cybersecurity Course
Master’s Computer Science-Cybersecurity California State University
- CS 5250 Advanced Computer Architecture (3)
- CS 5300 Advanced Algorithm Design and Analysis (3)
- CS 5800 Advanced Software Engineering (3)
- CS 6640 Graduate Seminar (1)
The following courses are required as electives:
- CS 4990 Cryptography and Information Security (3)
- CS 4990 Software Security and Reverse Engineering (3)
- CS 5990 Advanced Information Security (3)
- CS 5990 Data Privacy and Security (3)
- CS 5990 Machine Learning for Cyber Security (3)
- CS 5650 Advanced Computer Networks (3) for Project option only.
- CS 6910 Directed Study in Cyber Security/ Cyber Operations topics (1)
- CS 6950 Master’s Degree Project in Cyber Security/ Cyber Operations topics (1)
- CS 6910 Directed Study in Cyber Security/ Cyber Operations topics (2)
- CS 6960 Master’s Degree Thesis in Cyber Security/ Cyber Operations topics (3)
Admissions and enrollment in a nutshell:
For admission, you need to have ACT or SAT Examinations.
- One must have completed another IT course with a level equal to or over 300 in order to enroll in this course.
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher secondary school.
- Having at least two years of IT experience is a must.
- It is required to submit certifications pertaining to IT if applicable
To get a degree in cyber-security from WBU, you need to follow these steps. They are:
- To take admission, you must pay a remuneration for the application fee
- All the necessary documents should be uploaded
- The process of applying for financial aid to cover tuition fees must be completed
- The authorities will interview you on the phone for 20 to 30 minutes. This procedure needs to be completed by the deadline for the enrollment process.
- You are required to pay the fee by the 22nd of each month.
Since there is a subsequent rise in cybercrime each day. This leads to a great demand for cybersecurity professionals. Therefore, a career option in cybersecurity is both demanding as well as rewarding.
Due to the enormous gap between the number of cybersecurity professionals available and the number of daily cybersecurity challenges, cybersecurity professionals are in high demand worldwide.
When you work in cybersecurity, you are responsible for protecting and securing the data of your organization.
The popularity of cybersecurity professions is also due to the fact that cybersecurity experts safeguard the information of their organizations against hacking.
Professionals can hold a variety of roles in the industry, including entry-level roles like Network Administrator and more advanced roles like Cyber Security Architect.
The course focuses on information security, data secrecy, cryptography, and network security. Cybersecurity experts, Cybersecurity engineers, or Software Developers are among the careers you can start in cybersecurity with this credential.