Security or cybercrime (cyberespionage) is the gathering of information about people, organizations, and organizations in order to prevent their misuse, theft, or disclosure; or to prevent the disruption or misdirection of business or government operations or systems.
Master’s in Computer Information Science From Harrisburgh University
Harrisburgh University provides a 36-semester hour master’s degree in computer information sciences offers students an ideal opportunity to pursue a course of study that corresponds to their interests, backgrounds, and future responsibilities.
About the Program:
- Master’s degree programs in computer information sciences provide solid preparation for careers in cybersecurity and computer science.
- The program makes the student familiar with the latest developments in the discipline and their application in business, health care, and other fields.
- A key aspect of the practice of this program is the ability to develop and implement solutions.
- In order to create such solutions, efficient computation must be created, which requires integrating several key design ideas in data architecture, algorithms, programming, and systems, data security, and software engineering understanding in one unified framework.
- This program prepares graduates to acquire business, interpersonal, and team skills, as well as computational skills, which can lead to employment in a professional capacity or the pursuit of a doctoral degree in that field.
The graduates of the Computer Information Sciences graduate program will be able to:
- Evaluate conceptual and empirical issues from the body of knowledge.
- Develop a Bloom Synthetic understanding of at least one knowledge area from a body of knowledge.
- A strong understanding of new technologies, the ability to learn advanced information, and entrepreneurship skills;
- Qualify as an effective communicator;
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork skills.
- Know and abide by the standards of ethics and moral obligation as a professional.
- Promote a quality of life at both the local and global levels of society.
There are a total of 36 semester hours in this program: 15 semester hours of core courses, 6 semester hours of experiential courses, and 3) 15 semester hours of Concentration courses.
- Data Engineering and Mining- The purpose of this course is to introduce students to advanced data-intensive design, construction, management, and evaluative issues. Statistical analysis and artificial intelligence have both contributed to the development of data mining
- Big Data Architectures- In this course, the student is introduced to the concepts of Big Data and how to utilize distributed file systems and map reduce programming frameworks in order to become an adept developer and data scientist in any industry.
- Computing System Architecture – A key objective of the course is to introduce software engineers to key architectural concepts and techniques.
- Theory of Computation- Students will study formal languages, finite automata, regular expressions, context-free grammars, pushdown automata.
- Applicants must send their undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which they earned their B.A., along with any other schools attended (whether or not academic credit was earned) to [email protected]
- Send a statement of purpose detailing future goals, future contributions to a group or as a leader, and two letters of verification to [email protected].
- Mail a copy of your curriculum vitae at the official website.
Points to be remembered: GRE/GMAT scores are not required for master’s students. GRE/GMAT scores are required only for students who are seeking a doctoral degree in the Cybersecurity program.
International Student Entry Requirements:
- English proficiency results (TOEFL score of 80 IBT, IELTS score of 6.0)
- A copy of the passport.
- Transfer students must have their official I94, Visa, and I20 on hand.
- Issuance of a bank statement or affidavit if your situation requires it. The applicant who has children and dependents must show additional financial support of $5,000 for a spouse, as well as $2,500 for each child.
- One day before the semester begins, students must transfer their SEVIS records. A student will be withdrawn from classes if Registration does not comply and deferred to the subsequent semester.
- Complete the application process online.
- Online submissions of transcripts, statement of purpose, test scores, documents from abroad, passport copies, and optional letters of recommendation to [email protected] are required.
Duration of Application:
The application period is in the fall or early spring of the senior year in high school. A student wishing to enroll in an adult education course should submit their application at least two months before the term begins. This application process permits ample time to be accepted, develop a course schedule, and request financial aid, if necessary. All admission materials received by the college are evaluated once the candidate’s candidacy has been evaluated. Applicants who meet the admissions requirements will be notified of their admission status on an ongoing basis.
Major cybersecurity breaches have even occurred in organizations with top talent and significant resources devoted to cybersecurity, and organizations with lower levels of talent and resources face greater challenges. Therefore, the nation can better respond to cybersecurity problems if it has more highly skilled workers. In order to ensure their cyber security, organizations need to understand their threat environment and hazards, address their cybersecurity troubles, and hire the most appropriate people to solve those problems.