The whole world is reliant on technology nowadays. The growth and development of technology have had a very positive impact on all of us, but this convenience has made our private data susceptible to cyber attackers.
Here comes the role of cybersecurity. It is the protection of electronic data and information from attackers.
Cyber attackers can break through the devices and have access to confidential and sensitive information and misuse it in many ways, like stealing money from debit cards or bank accounts.
To protect all of us from such situations cybersecurity dedicated itself. It also helped improve new software to keep our devices safe and secure and away from malware.
Citadel University helps students who are pursuing Masters of Science in Computer and Information Sciences (Cybersecurity Specialization) program to get specialization in computer science while upgrading the skills and knowledge in the horizon of cybersecurity.
It gives the students the whole idea about the technical skills needed to protect organizational data, data breaches, and strategies to prevent data from being leaked.
Why Citadel Military university?
Citadel’s master’s programs in computer science discipline offer flexibility to the working professionals.
It has a great value in the corporate world as employers from different companies value the graduates as they have a lot of potential for developing character, moral leadership, teamwork, discipline, and physical fitness.
Citadel helps students excel in their fields by making them go through challenging situations in any area of interest.
- The students must possess competency in basic computer architecture, object-oriented programming, mathematics, and data structures before applying to the specialization course. These concepts should be covered in the undergraduate program from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A student with relevant work experience is acceptable who can understand the basics of the curriculum and normally go with the course.
- The individual can also have online certification or MOOC courses from Coursera, Edx, etc., in the area of interest to adapt the program efficiently.
- To get into citadel military college, one must complete the online graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
- To get admitted, applicants must satisfy the following points.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a cumulative grade point or GPA of (3.5) or higher.
- The bachelor’s degree of an individual completed from Citadel College with a GPA of (3.00) or higher in computer science and engineering.
- The bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a GPA of 2.5 or higher along with the GRE score and completing the six-hour credit.
GRE and TOEFL requirement
The GRE score should be 300 or 4.0 in analytical writing. This GRE score is valid for five years of the period.
The non-native student should appear for TOFEL with the minimum score of 550 paper-based, 79-80 internet-based, or 214 computer-based.
Masters’s in Computer and Information sciences degree requirement
Master of Science in computer science is approved only to those students who complete the minimum of 33 semester hours with a GPA of at least 3.0.
All the candidates must have
- Should complete a total of 12 hours in CSCI 601 Data Modelling and Database design, CSCI 602 Foundations of software, CSCI 604 Distributed computer systems architecture, and CSCI 605 Applied algorithms.
The students who are specializing in the field of cybersecurity must complete these four courses.
- CSCI 614 Advanced Operating Systems
This course includes all about the operating systems and advancements made in them.
- CSCI 631 Privacy and Security Issues
The course has all the information about privacy and security issues that a device goes through when attacked by cybercriminals.
- CSCI 632 Data Communications and Networking
The course includes all the information about how devices communicate and share networks
- CSCI 641 Advanced Cybersecurity
The course has all about how to protect the device from the advanced technology of cybersecurity.
We hope the information has given all the readers prior knowledge about the university. The online degree in Cybersecurity specialization will help the students understand the upcoming technology better.
It will make them more industry-friendly and make them know the privacy-related issue in a more efficient way.
The course will make the students professional cybersecurity agents who will help and warn many big and small organizations about breaching personal information. It is an excellent career option to start off.
It is a huge field, and one can select many paths in cybersecurity as they are quite great in demand. As nowadays, everyone wants protection from their valuable data.
Just pursue an undergraduate degree in computer science or take some online courses and go for a master’s degree in the Cybersecurity field. One will be able to identify many abilities and can flourish in the future.